Breaking: President Buhari Replaces Former Ministers, Sends Nominees Names To Senate
The upper legislative chamber of Nigeria, Senate has received the executive communication with the nominations of six names as replacements for ministers that resigned to pursue Presidential aspirations.
The Senate President, Dr Ahmad Ibrahim read the letter on Tuesday sent by President Muhammadu Buhari seeking the nominees to replace the ex-ministers that resigned from his cabinet.
The letter read: “In accordance with Section 8 Subsection 2 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended, I hereby forward the under-listed ministerial nominees for your confirmation.”
The nominees are:
- Henry Ikechukwu Ikoh – Abia State
- Umana Okon Umana – Akwa Ibom State
- Egwumakama Joseph Nkama – Ebonyi State
- Goodluck Nnana Opiah – Imo State
- Umar Ibrahim El-Yakub – Kano State
- Ademola Adewole Adegoroye – Ondo State
- Odum Odih – Rivers State